Monday, April 13, 2009

Cathy and Kids Spring Break

This past week Cathy and the kids visited Barbara and Grandma Helen for the week... they were on spring break. We hung out with them as much as we could during the week. Christians highlights were coming over and playing Halo 3 in the evenings and reapeatedly killing Abby and sticking us all with grenades. Then as a wonderfull spurprize David visited on Wednesday and stayed until Easter, he had just finished a deployment to the Philipines for the Air Force. One of the fun activities that we did was go to Classic Skatting. Now I didn't do much skating, I nominated myself as the photographer, besides it's not like they had skates my size anyway. The kids really seemed to enjoy themseves as well as some of the adults. My personal highlight of the night was winning a jackpot of 250 tickets... we let the girls pick out prizes... Christian was no where to be found.

One other interesting note... Yukon really enjoyed having the kids over every evening to play... On one of those occasions Abby and Christian stayed the night. The next morning while I took my shower, the dog and the kids started to play and get progressively more and more rowdy. When I finished and came downstairs Abby and Christin were wrestling and Yukon was just standing there panting and staring. Kristin explained that at first she had to protect the kids from the dog but that changed to her having to protect the dog from the kids. They had worn Yukon out so much that all he could do was stare and pant at at the continued mayhem that was Christian and Abby.